Monday, May 12, 2008

. : : : SOCIAL JUSTICE : : : .



The unforgotten story… I remembered this when I went to negeri sembilan (somewhere in teluk kemang) about two weeks ago, if I’m not mistaken… attending a wedding ceremony.. someone’s wedding..

Well arrived there at 11am.. wow surprisingly! the house is just near the beach.. so cool.. I’m really like it… then the kenduri started.. as usual ade karaoke2.. yea suare2 sumbang itu agak mnyakitkan tlinge.. just hear la.. not listen carefully.. I’d rather die.. haha the pakcik2 n makcik2 so happy singing.. while others suffering.. hak3 funny lol..


After a moment, there comes a man (one of the relatives but not mine)… absolutely want to sing… quite touching because before he starts sing, he gives a speech… something like this ‘berilah sokongan utk sy truskan hidup ini.. jgn sisihkan sy lg..(crying)’.. then I start confuse.. hey what’s up?? Xphmla ape yg belaku ni… (some kind of bzbody..ehehe)


I’m asking his relative… ‘why he’s so sad?’ then she answered.. ‘u know.. he was suspected abusing drugs.. but repented already..’ ooh like that.. I think we should not treat the drug addict badly coz it’s good if they have an initiative to correct their mistake... the society should support them.. jgn sisihkan mereka.. for a time being, when they are intolerable by the community, they become the drug addict back. So, who supposed to be blame?? Therefore, according to philosophy (the law’s perspective), offender not responsible of crime. They are product of community, victim of events beyond their control. That is why the rehabilitation measure is one of the step taken by our law to correct the offender.


Last week, tribute to the same issue, my sis smsses me.. she told me about this band.. band yg bru mlonjak naik d malaysia ini.. hujan (rain? Haha).. she texted me that hujan ni bdk2 ganja.. is it true? I don’t know.. seems true or just envious people making half truths.. but observed some of their lyrics like ‘bila aku sudah tiada..’ a bit related… but who cares?? As long as they have repented, I think it doesn’t matter coz everybody make mistakes. Nobody’s perfect… just treating them like other artist... it must be insignificant view about them... I’m write this not coz I’m kipas susah mati (die hard fan) of this band ya.. well Malaysian, be fair in treating people.. equality is the major point. Everybody should be treated equally based on gender, age, descendants, place of birth, etc ( Article 8 of the Federal Constitution). Sounds ok this post entitle social justice?

No comments: